We helped an online bicycle retailer build a 10,000 SKU virtual catalog by integrating with three major distribution suppliers' REST APIs.
A fast-growing bicycle retailer was looking to develop an online sales channel to open up new revenue streams and expand its geographical reach to become a regional powerhouse.
First, we created a comprehensive digital business strategy to guide development of the new eCommerce channel. With limited investment available, we developed a bootstrap approach to grow the new channel organically and as an extension of the existing retail.
Because of the vast array of products, along with manufacturer restrictions on eCommerce sales, we came up with a unique strategy for merchandising and inventory management of a 10,000+ SKU catalog. We then built custom integrations with supplier APIs and organized product content ingestion and elaboration. We made sure certain restricted products could only be purchased online for in-store pickup.
We then built an in-house photography studio and created a repeatable media production process. We created a content strategy and production calendar to manage regular content features, marketing promotions, and social media. We employed chatbots to enhance customer support and upper funnel engagement.
- Digital Business Strategy
- Branding Strategy & Development
- Product Merchandising
- Marketing Automation
- Marketing Operations Management
- Shopify Implementation
- Custom Development & Integration
- Conversion Optimization
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Management
- Media Production & Copywriting
- Online Chat & Chatbot customization
- Expanded regional presence and increased market share
- Digital channel accounted for the largest share of YoY growth (online + retail revenue)
- Significantly increased brand recognition both regionally and nationally with substantially expanded social media following